- Beach clean-up this week | The Gisborne Herald - Gisborne Herald: Beach clean-up this week | The Gisborne Her... bit.ly/2f8B3Qo 9 months ago
- UPDATE: Sunset Sons lead Bournemouth beach clean-up ahead of headline show at the 02 Academy - Bournemouth Ec... bit.ly/2egez0Z 9 months ago
- Sunset Sons lead Bournemouth beach clean-up ahead of headline ... - Bournemouth Echo: Bournemouth EchoSunset ... bit.ly/2fuagRl 9 months ago
- Volunteers sought for Sunday, Oct. 30, beach clean-up - Palm Coast Observer: Palm Coast ObserverVolunteers so... bit.ly/2eVsLLC 9 months ago
- Volunteers sought for Sunday, Oct. 31 beach clean-up - Palm Coast Observer: Palm Coast ObserverVolunteers sou... bit.ly/2eXHeW4 9 months ago
John Waring, Glendora: Facts on deep-sea fishing
Monthly Archives: September 2013
September 30, 2013Posted by on
A futures trader based in Glendora, California, John Waring supports many local educational, health, and environmental charities. He is a regular donor to the University of La Verne’s golf team, which plays just minutes from his Glendora home.
In the spring of 2013, the University of Laverne’s Leopards will welcome head coach Chris Davis, who hopes to lead the team to a seventh consecutive conference championship. The 2013 team will include many members of the 2012 championship team, including the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) Player of the Year for last year’s season. The team also welcomes back three sophomores and one junior. One of these, a current sophomore, has earned a ranking of 22 at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Championships while another played on the SCIAC Championship team as a freshman. A third earned induction to the All-SCIAC team in the spring of 2012.
This year’s team will include 11 players competing under the direction of its head coach. The school plays within the NCAA’s Division III and reports to college athletic director Julie Kline. One of seven spring sports in the school’s athletic department, golf will begin its season at the SCIAC’s Empire Lakes event.