- Beach clean-up this week | The Gisborne Herald - Gisborne Herald: Beach clean-up this week | The Gisborne Her... bit.ly/2f8B3Qo 11 months ago
- UPDATE: Sunset Sons lead Bournemouth beach clean-up ahead of headline show at the 02 Academy - Bournemouth Ec... bit.ly/2egez0Z 11 months ago
- Sunset Sons lead Bournemouth beach clean-up ahead of headline ... - Bournemouth Echo: Bournemouth EchoSunset ... bit.ly/2fuagRl 11 months ago
- Volunteers sought for Sunday, Oct. 30, beach clean-up - Palm Coast Observer: Palm Coast ObserverVolunteers so... bit.ly/2eVsLLC 11 months ago
- Volunteers sought for Sunday, Oct. 31 beach clean-up - Palm Coast Observer: Palm Coast ObserverVolunteers sou... bit.ly/2eXHeW4 11 months ago
John Waring, Glendora: Facts on deep-sea fishing
Tag Archives: Jonathan Waring Glendora
January 23, 2013Posted by on
An experienced sales and customer-service professional, Jonathan Waring Glendora enjoys taking a break from work to go deep sea fishing off the coast of Mexico. Mr. Glendora presents these frequently asked questions to introduce the sport.
What makes deep sea fishing different from traditional fishing?
For a fishing trip to be considered deep sea fishing, the boat must be far enough out in the water to not easily be seen from shore. The fish must be caught in water at or near 100 hundred feet deep, and special heavy-duty equipment is used.
What kind of equipment do you need to go deep sea fishing?
Deep sea fishers use rods and reels, just like regular fishing. Deep sea fishing gear, however, is significantly more sturdy. Equipment parts that go into the water must be corrosion-resistant as well in order to avoid saltwater damage.
What are the risks of deep sea fishing?
Deep sea fishing involves the same risks as any other extended boat trip. Weather conditions can change quickly on the water, so deep sea fishing boats must be sturdily constructed and carry water-safety equipment, including life jackets, radios and flares. All passengers on the boat must be familiar with emergency procedures and understand the proper use of equipment.
There is much more to be learned about deep sea fishing. Preparation is key, but there are many rewards that come with this adventurous hobby, says Jonathan Waring Glendora.